Categories
Uncategorized

Phase 4

At the start of the year, I struggled to identify reputable sources and correctly cite the works I utilized in my writing. However, by enrolling in lessons on a regular basis and studying diligently, I was able to improve my talents in this area. Gradually, I improved my ability to search online for specific information and trustworthy sources, allowing me to broaden my knowledge base beyond the materials accessible at the Baruch Library.

Moreover, the process of sourcing my materials exposed me to a variety of perspectives from other authors who were conducting research on the same topic. One notable example is Lucas Yuan’s article, which particularly resonated with me. Yuan’s opinion-based argument, shaped by his upbringing in a tiger parenting household, was reinforced by the use of statistical data to bolster his claims. Similarly, Jamaica Kincaid’s thought-provoking essay titled “Girl” shed light on her experiences as a woman growing up, emphasizing how her parents instilled specific expectations and viewpoints in her.

Despite differences in personal experiences, both Yuan’s and Kincaid’s writings had a common topic of parental influence in establishing expectations for their children. By incorporating these varied viewpoints, I was able to make a well-rounded argument in my essay, increasing the depth and breadth of my analysis.